Bug Neat Video with Premiere CS6

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
imagine11

Post by imagine11 »

Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply Vlad.
Andy
imagine11

Post by imagine11 »

I just re-read the original post, and I'm not sure I understand this.

" test No. 1
The problem is that by applying the plugin to a video sequence that runs smoothly with no problems.
But if I make the cutting of the same sequence with the plugin applied, I get artifacts that never existed before."

Does this mean that it works ok as long as you don't edit the clip? Or do you mean that as soon as you apply the plugin you get the artifacts.
I seem to get them sometimes, but other times it seems ok.
Is there a workaround?
Thanks,
Andy
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The Premiere bug discussed in this thread shows up ONLY if you use the Razor tool to cut clips into parts. If you do not use the Razor tool then that bug is not active.

If you encounter any kind of problems without using the Razor tool then it is most likely some other issue unrelated to one discussed in this thread. Please create a new thread to describe it.

Thank you,
Vlad
imagine11

Post by imagine11 »

Thanks Vlad, that makes a whole lot of sense! I had tried to duplicate DMD's problem with the test pattern and other sample clips, and my footage looked fine. But.. when I was trying to use neat video in the context of a project, I was getting the artifacts.
I can work around this (I think!)
Andy
imagine11

Post by imagine11 »

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?
Thanks
Andy
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

As far as I know, Adobe have not fixed the Razor bug so far. We reminded them several times but there were no fixes in Premiere.

Vlad