Resolve Issues.

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
dkitsov

Resolve Issues.

Post by dkitsov »

Hello, I am having issues using NV in Resolve 10 and now 10.1. Both during Previews and during the final render any clip that has NV applied to it seems to be randomly stepping back and forth through the frames. Resulting renders are not liniear in their frame positions. As in frame 5 may come after frame 8 etc. I am running a 3 GTX Titan setup
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please download the current build of the plug-in (it is newer than one you downloaded earlier) and check if the problem is still reproducible.

Thank you,
Vlad
theorib

Post by theorib »

NVTeam wrote:Please download the current build of the plug-in (it is newer than one you downloaded earlier) and check if the problem is still reproducible.

Thank you,
Vlad
Wonderful! I think it solved all the issues I was having. Will do some more tests.

By the way the new build only worked when I uninstalled the previous version and then installed the new one, otherwise installing on top was just the same.
dkitsov

Post by dkitsov »

NVTeam wrote:Please download the current build of the plug-in (it is newer than one you downloaded earlier) and check if the problem is still reproducible.

Thank you,
Vlad
Thank you. Seemed to fix that issue
jheiser

Post by jheiser »

Hi, I also observed this issue. Downloaded the plugin yesterday and I'm running Resolve 10.0.2

Randomly skippen or dublicating frames. Is there a way to resolve this?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please close Resolve and restart computer, then re-download and re-install the plug-in. Then start Resolve, create a fresh new test project and check if the problem is reproducible.

Thank you,
Vlad
celldivision

Render Dropps Frames with Neat?

Post by celldivision »

When rendering (Deliver as Resolve calls it) Its as if Neat is holding up the render, as a result, frames random frames get dropped out of the render. I have rendered for a TIFF sequence and ProRes quick times numerous times all ending in the same unpleasing result. The plugin was working flawlessly I believe until I upgraded Resolve to 10.1. (Just proves the fact, never upgrade during a project!) I saw someone other people having the same issue on the forums. I am including a link so that you can see how a render looks. Also, I followed the instructions of quitting Resolve, re-installing Neat, Restart, try again. Which resulted in the same issue. Of course I am finished with my project and am trying to Render my final movie, so PLEASE HELP QUICKLY!!!!

Example of Choppy Render:
http://download.cell-division.com/Movie ... 23976_.mov

Recreate Issue:
Import footage, create timeline with footage. Apply Neat plugin to footage through node. then Render. BAM! :( If you disable the Neat Node (Select node, command D) and render again, it will be a perfectly smooth render.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please kindly see the very first note in the known issues page. I think you are observing exactly that problem.

The developers of resolve acknowledged the bug in Resolve 10.1 and said that it would be fixed in the very next update of Resolve.

Kind regards,
Vlad