Using Neat Video to RE-APPLY noise/grain

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
barnstormvfx

Using Neat Video to RE-APPLY noise/grain

Post by barnstormvfx »

Love Neat Video and use it for both Nuke and After Effects.
When doing beauty and/or cleanup work its often necessary to de-noise an area, work on it, and then re-grain it to match the rest of the shot.

It seems that it should be possible to utilize the same grain pattern that is removed in the initial de-grain in order to re-grain the affected area to perfectly match the original grain. That would prevent the need to try and manually match grain on a shot-by-shot basis.

Would love to know if its possible to eventually add this. It would be a huge convenience to my workflow. I can sort-of do this with a difference matte approach but having it built into the plugin would be awesome.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for the suggestion. I am not sure it would be easy or straightforward to implement but we will consider that for one of the future versions.

Thank you,
Vlad
WhoisRip

Post by WhoisRip »

I agree....this feature is HIGHLY sought after!

Re-Introduce some color noise (and the option to set the percentage) instead of having to add a Noise plugin from Premiere on top of Neat Video's Noise Reduction.

I'm still waiting on this feature myself...
gench

Post by gench »

I too HIGHLY support this idea. Applying film grain after denoising footage is a natural thing to do and currently it's an extra step in DaVinci Resolve. On top of that the plug-in I use for it (Filmconvert) just for grain eats up way too much ram and resources cause of other unnecessary functions.
vincentlanger

Post by vincentlanger »

Hi there,
is there any update of this topic?

A regrain tool would be awesome.

cheers,
Vincent
vincentlanger

Post by vincentlanger »

there is not so much going on here - but anyway neat video is a great tool and being able to regrain footage would be highly appreciated.
vincentlanger

Post by vincentlanger »

any News on this one? Would be really cool.

Cheers,
Vincent
bish_klipart

Post by bish_klipart »

NVTeam wrote:Thank you for the suggestion. I am not sure it would be easy or straightforward to implement but we will consider that for one of the future versions.

Thank you,
Vlad
For a long time I dream about such function.
Similar implemented in the F_ReGrain plugin from FurnaceCore in Nuke.
But he is very "heavy" for the render, and the noise is laid over the collected shot often.
And of course your plug-in is incomparably better than any analogues.
It will be very cool if you add a similar functionality.

Best regards,
Dima.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for your feedback. We are adding your voices for that functionality in the wish list.

Kind regards,
Vlad
VHSobsessive

Post by VHSobsessive »

WhoisRip wrote:Re-Introduce some color noise (and the option to set the percentage) ...
I would like to be able to add some luma noise back without adding the chroma noise as well.
vincentlanger

Re: Using Neat Video to RE-APPLY noise/grain

Post by vincentlanger »

Hiho,

Are there any news about the regrain feature?

cheers,
Vincent
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Unfortunately there are no news about that at this point.
mmmm

Post by mmmm »

Would just like to also request this feature. Essential for VFX work to degrain/noise before comping and then reapplying noise/grain afterwards.
finnschi

Post by finnschi »

The whole VFX industry would love to have this feature. so +1 from me, even though this request is years old, my hopes are still up :-)

And we don't even need anything crazy, having procedural noise generated by the analyzer result would be perfect for us, we can precomp the noise and then composite it over our result, that would really help.
heikkocee

Post by heikkocee »

I made an account here to bring this topic up!

I'd love to have this feature and I'm pretty sure a lot of VFX artists would too. Please consider adding it soon!