Pixel Mapping!

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
steveoc

Pixel Mapping!

Post by steveoc »

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for creating Neat Video, it's amazing!! I'm using the OFX plugin in Resolve.

A problem that digital cameras can have is issues with pixel imperfections such as hot pixels, stuck pixels etc... There can be other issues such as dust on the sensor.

I have a Blackmagic Camera which can produce raw video or lightly compressed Prores. It can produce great quality images but doesn't have pixel mapping or noise reduction built in.

Neat video noise reduction does an amazing job to get rid of most of the noise and most of the pixel level variation but a few of the worst pixels poke their head through.

These can be a pain to remove and I have yet to find a plugin that does this quickly. Photoshop's Dust and Scratches can do a good job at reducing pixel variation but in bright areas it mistakes highlights for dust so isn't the ideal solution.

A new feature that I think would be amazingly helpful to many people would be a pixel mapping feature in neat video. Something similar to photoshops tool but with a temporal aspect that can help distinguish what is real and what is a defect.

Many thanks,

Steve
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for the suggestion. I am adding it to the wish list for future development.

Kind regards,
Vlad
steveoc

Post by steveoc »

Hi Vlad,

I have the Pro version of Neat Video 4, I really like the dot removal tools! they are basically what I was asking for! Thanks!

I have noticed that the dot removal tools are linked to the luminance channel. When I do noise reduction I like to have the luminance reduction quite low. Is it possible to make the dot removal independent to the Luminance or make it so it can be applied stronger than it currently is able to?

Kind Regards,
Steve
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

That seems to be not directly possible in the current version. We will try to improve this aspect in the next versions.

Thank you,
Vlad