Move (or add) frame selection to Noise Profiling Window?

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
Zach

Move (or add) frame selection to Noise Profiling Window?

Post by Zach »

I'm wondering if it is not possible to do this. Seems like a stupid question I guess, as it seems to obvious, that if it were possible it probably would have been done already..

But I find it really annoying when I am trying to build a profile, and the current frame just isn't working well for me, then I have to cancel out, reselect the filter again, reselect a new frame, and then try that one

(for reference I use the Virtualdub filter)

It just seems to me to make more sense to have frame selection within the Build Noise Profile window. It would make workflow a lot faster.

Frame not working? Hit an undo button or whatever, navigate more on the timeline to pick a new frame.

Need to continue building and select another frame? navigate more on the timeline to pick a new frame.

It would really speed up workflow. And my carpal tunnel would thank you.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

That is partially possible now in v4. You can select one of the adjacent frames using the thumbnails below the viewer.

Accessing more frames there is not directly possible in VirtualDub, so to get to a different part of the clip it is still necessary to close the window, unfortunately.

Vlad
Zach

Post by Zach »

Yeah I upgraded to V4, having a few to pick from is certainly nicer.

I was afraid it was a Vdub limitation after all.

Would it still be possible to define an offset or something for the frames it does grab for the small group? (i.e I grab frame 35, then it grabs frame 135, 235, etc)
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

This may be technically possible but that would interfere with the noise filter itself, because it needs those frames to go consecutively, without such an offset.

We will think about that. Perhaps there is a way to improve the functionality of that group.

Thank you,
Vlad