AI denoise

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
Lugarimo

AI denoise

Post by Lugarimo »

Topaz Labs has recently been releasing some very interesting tools like AI resize, AI adjust, AI denoise and so on, mostly for photos but they are starting to support videos too. Will NeatVideo be competing against these AI programs? I cant imagine NeatVideo ever becoming outdated but it might happen. It was like 2008 was only yesterday when NV obsoleted like 10 different denoisers I had for virtualdub and avisynth overnight, never looking back.
Now it seems NV might be in that same situation soon if Topaz ever releases AI video denoise.
lansing

Re: AI denoise

Post by lansing »

I don't think AI and denoise can really go together. When denoising you want to keep as much detail as possible. But with AI, its core concept is to create more details, that is removing original details and replaces them with new, it's going to be a hit or a miss.

Consider an image with 100 spots where it needs denoising, that is 100 pitfalls that the AI denoise will have to go through without messing up.
Lugarimo

Post by Lugarimo »

The limit has been reached with how many original details you can keep. Nobody cares anymore about mathematical purity but quality.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Hi guys, thank you for your question and comments. We keep our eyes open for new technologies and certainly plan to keep Neat Video strong. We will not be able to go into details of our plans here for obvious reasons. Thank you for your concern.

Vlad
lansing

Post by lansing »

Lugarimo wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:18 am The limit has been reached with how many original details you can keep. Nobody cares anymore about mathematical purity but quality.
You will need to actually try out Topaz’s Denoise AI to understand the hit or miss that I’m talking about. It’s not mathematical differences, that software will create artifacts.

http://www.theluminarydiary.com/denoise ... on-review/