Motion-estimated deinterlacing and deshaking

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
Esp

Motion-estimated deinterlacing and deshaking

Post by Esp »

The best bit about NeatVideo Denoiser is the temporal denoiser, which I assume to be a motion-compensated temporal denoiser. I guess you are doing motion estimation in order to do this. Motion estimation can also be used for high-quality deinterlacing and for deshaking. It would be great to have all that in one tool.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, motion estimation could help in deinterlacing or deshaking. However, I am not sure it would be a good idea to pack all that into one filter because its function and place in a workflow would become more difficult to determine. A more universal solution is to have separate plug-ins for noise reduction, deinterlacing, deshaking, etc., to combine them in a workflow in any sequence in any way. So, perhaps an additional filter or two would be better than one that inseparably linked several functions together.

Anyway, thank you for the suggestion regarding deinterlacing and deshaking, we will consider this idea.

Vlad
hbrown4

Post by hbrown4 »

I assume that a deshake plug-in would not work in Vegas in it's current plug-in design.

Harold
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

In principle it could work but would require some extra work, which would still leave some inevitable drawbacks, like stutter, because Vegas doesn't currently support access to arbitrary frames in plug-ins (the same problem as the one we discuss in the stutter thread).

Vlad