ClearSpeed floating point array processor

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
crucci

ClearSpeed floating point array processor

Post by crucci »

Does NeatVideo perform large numbers of FFTs or array functions?

Could the Clearspeed array accelerator speedup NeatVideo processing?

Please see clearspeed.com
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, a dedicated FP array processor could accelerate NV filtration. The trouble is that such a processor is not standard part of modern personal computers so not everyone could benefit if NV would support this array processor. Supporting such a non-standard device could be quite expensive in terms of programming, especially if we keep in mind that there may be more than one type of such processors from different manufacturers.

Anyway, thank you for the link and idea. I will explore that website.

Vlad
crucci

Post by crucci »

Vlad,

If I read their documentation correctly, and I admit that I did not understand it all, it seems to say that if your application is written with the Intel MLK (Math Kernel Library) or Intel LAPACK (Linear Algebra Package) that their drivers will transparently route the function calls to the array processor. Thus no reprogramming or special versions are required if the application uses these Intel math libraries. Do you know if NV uses these Intel libraries?

Chuck
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

No, NV uses something else, so it would require rewriting from scratch for that processor. Besides, even if we would use Intel libraries, there would anyway be something done using custom code separate from those libraries and that would have to be rewritten.

Vlad