Multiple frames analysis for Device Noise Profile

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
MoldCAD

Multiple frames analysis for Device Noise Profile

Post by MoldCAD »

After more experimenting with manually building device profiles, I think it would me useful if Net Video could analyze more than a single frame at the time. For example, the darkest area noise existing in frame 1, and mid-range IRE noise prevailing in frame 2 of the same clip.

Will it be possible in the future release?

Piotr
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Done! Please open one frame, build a profile, then open another frame and additionally fine-tune the profile.

Vlad
MoldCAD

Post by MoldCAD »

Hi Vlad,

This is exactly what I've been doing - but since the Manual doesn't mention it explicitly (or maybe I've snoozed over it ?)) - I never was sure whether or not the new profile fine-tuning"session" still retains the data from the original frame...

So, you're saying it does... OK, so how many frames can I use to fine-tune any given profile?

Cheers

Piotr
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Any number of frames. Manual fine-tuning is a powerful tool.

Vlad
MoldCAD

Post by MoldCAD »

Thanks Vlad.

I can tell you my nanoFlash clips (either 100 Mbps Long-GOP, or 220 Mbps I-Frame Only), recorded with Detail=OFF on camera (i.e. no sharpening in my Sony EX1), look absolutely gorgeous after rendering them to a lossless intermediate (like 10bit Sony YUV) with Neat Video denoising, and some high-frequency sharpening!

Piotr
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

That is very good, I am glad Neat Video works well for you.

Vlad
MoldCAD

Post by MoldCAD »

NVTeam wrote:Any number of frames. Manual fine-tuning is a powerful tool.

Vlad
I've got one more question on his, Vlad. Even when using a single frame, after having added several areas of it (or control points in the curve) to the current profile, any further clicking on the Manual Fine-tune icon doesn't seem to be adding any more control points.

What's the limit? Is it fixed, or does it depend on the scene (frame)? When reaching this limit, can any more control points be added with another frame?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The number of points is fixed. With more measurements you just make their positions more accurate.

Vlad