Photoshop support

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
SuperWinona

Photoshop support

Post by SuperWinona »

Having Photoshop (.PSD) as both an input and output format would be great. This is how I keep most of my files.

This would allow for the .PSD color profile to be preserved.

The obvious question is how to handle multi-layer files. The possibilities are:
  • - only admit single-layer .PSD's
    - allow user to pick a single layer
    - somehow flatten the file (nah...)
There must be tons of Photoshop users out there, especially since NeatImage got that glowing review on Luminous Landscape. Come on, make yourself heard!

SuperWinona
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Would a photoshop plugin version of Neat Image do instead of PSD support?
SuperWinona

Yeah!

Post by SuperWinona »

It would!

SW
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

There will be a plugin version quite soon. It will work with PS just like any other plugin.
Igeeky1

RE:Photoshop plugin

Post by Igeeky1 »

How soon is soon? I just bought the regular today because soon seemed to be taking awhile (at least a while longer than I wanted it too :roll: )
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We are doing beta-testing now. When this is finished (expected within max. three weeks) there will be a release.

BTW, You don't lose anything anyway if you have bought the license today.
xojins

Post by xojins »

Any update on how the beta test is going? I am very eager to purchase the PS plugin. What type of plugins are you going to have (demo, home, pro, or 1 version)?

Thanks.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Beta testing is coming to the end and new edition of Neat Image is going to be released before the end of the month. The new edition will include the plugin version of the filter.

Vlad
SassKwatch

Post by SassKwatch »

NITeam wrote:Would a photoshop plugin version of Neat Image do instead of PSD support?
I'm obviously coming to the party here very late, 'but'......

A PS PlugIn is not necessarily the same thing as .psd support, is it? I would think the former could still only support the same file formats, but simply allow them to be acted on within the PS app.

I would be *very* interested in purchasing NeatImage, but w/o .psd support, I'm reluctant to do so as it would mean I would have to save my pics in yet another file format.

As it is, I shoot everything in .RAW format and save all those originals in an 'as shot' state. When/if I need to alter in PS, I open the original .RAW file and immediately save that in .psd format. Once any adjustments have been completed there, that .psd file is saved permanently as well.

So you see, I'm already investing a considerable amount of storage space to image storage.

Thoughts?
-=Sass=-
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

SassKwatch,

When the PS plug-in is used, it can work with any file formats supported by Photoshop so you don't need to worry about PSD support - it is a responsibility of Photoshop to handle this.

Hope this helps.

Vlad