Unable to use in Vegas Pro 8.1

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
ericmaslowski

Unable to use in Vegas Pro 8.1

Post by ericmaslowski »

Hello,
I previously had NeatVideo working wonderfully in VegasPro 8.0, but since I've updated to v8.1 I am unable to use the plugin. The installer completes successfully, but NeatVideo doesn't show up in the list of FX. I tried manually installing as well by dragging the DLL. In this case I get a DriectX failed registration error. Any thoughts? Thanks.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I think you are using a 64-bit version of Vegas (v8.1 introduces 64-bit support) and that is causing the problem. Neat Video plug-in for Vegas will only work in the 32-bit Vegas. I hope we will be able to support the 64-bit version of Vegas in the future as well, especially if Sony will update the necessary software development materials that should let third-party developers create plug-ins for new versions of Vegas.

Vlad
ericmaslowski

Post by ericmaslowski »

Thanks for the quick response. I'll see if I can have both running concurrently and wait for a 64bit version of NeatVideo. Thanks again and great job on the plugin thus far.
kweichangcaine

Post by kweichangcaine »

If you find they made the release to make neat video work on vegas 8.1 or you can change your loading software to comply with vegas 8.1, or some other answer, :shock: please PM me. I'll do the same.

Thanks.
ericmaslowski

Post by ericmaslowski »

nothing yet. I've switched back to 32-bit (Vegas 8.0) for a lot of my work right now since my favorite codecs aren't available for 64bit yet. I still have both installed, but only use 8.1 when I need to do some heavy effects on sub-clips and will be saving to an uncompressed intermediate format. I'll post here if I find anything out though. :)