Difference in Pro Edition and Pro + Edition

general questions about Neat Image
Gerald Sr.

Difference in Pro Edition and Pro + Edition

Post by Gerald Sr. »

I would like to order Neat Image but I'm confused about which one to buy. I have Photoshop Cs2, but don't know if I should purchase the plugin or standalone. i.e Pro Edition or Pro + Edition plugin. Thanks.

Gerald Sr.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The Pro edition includes only the standalone. The Pro+ edition includes both standalone and plug-in.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
Dan

Pro Plus

Post by Dan »

I find the PShop plugin edition far more useful because you can run Neat Image on just one layer. For example if you want smooth skin on face only, but not the hair, you can select it, copy into a layer and do the noise reduction and avoid smoothing the hair. In other words all of the power of Photoshop (including file formats etc.) are at your service.

It also saves time being able to stay in one pgm. Furthermore if you have a series of photos taken under same conditions it is wonderful that once you have noise analysis in the first photo, apply it and exit plugin, when you pull the next photo into Neat Image, it will have remembered the noise analysis profile (unless you choose not to do so in prefs). So you can just tweak if needed and then apply. Saves lots of time.

Dan