Help

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
sdoherty82

Help

Post by sdoherty82 »

Ive started using Neat Video to try and perfect videos taken on a digital camera at a concert. They are not very good quality and i want to make them better - however im having a little trouble working out what to do. I read the user guide for neat video and i get to the point where i have to configure the neat video plug in (in Sony Vegas). However i always get an error message saying "Source frame is not selected. Please enable Neat video effect and select a frame on the time line." Now my problem is how to select the frame. It won't let me select it and i don't know what im doing wrong.
Can someone please help me - i would really really appreciate it.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

First of all, please make sure you use the latest version of NV.

Also, please make sure that you have selected the clip and frame in the clip in the time line in Vegas, before you open and adjust NV. It is important that the clip is selected and the point in time currently selected in the time time does belong to the clip, otherwise NV will have no frame to work with.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
sdoherty82

Post by sdoherty82 »

Ok i did everything that you said and i still get the message. Im not sure if im selecting it properly. That could be the problem. Im not sure.
:? Are there different ways to select things?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Lets try the following:

0. Enable the NV (make sure the checkbox is checked);

1. Click on the preview frame; try to open NV;

2. Click on the track where you added NV (was it track or event or media or video output where you added NV?); try to open NV;

3. Remove NV and then add it again;

Vlad
luowenyi

Post by luowenyi »

I had the same problem. Initially, it worked fine. And suddenly, it began to have the same problem as described above. I tried everything you mentioned but it still didin't work.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please create a new test project to see if you can reproduce this effect in it.

Thank you,
Vlad
snakely

Post by snakely »

i had the same problem described. neat video was working fine and then suddenly i got the aforementioned error message on clicking configure.

i tried the most obvious fixes like reinstalling, restarting vegas, restarting the computer, removing all traces from the registry and reinstalling, but nothing worked.

then the fix came to me. i had been previewing video with the FX bypassed in the video preview. once disabled, neat video worked perfectly again.

hope this helps someone in the future. :wink:
Dog Walker

Post by Dog Walker »

I had the very same problem just 2 days ago. I ended up starting Vegas while holding down the Shift & Ctrl keys (to tell Vegas to go back to it's default settings). That cured my problem. :D
enshon

Post by enshon »

Dog Walker wrote:I had the very same problem just 2 days ago. I ended up starting Vegas while holding down the Shift & Ctrl keys (to tell Vegas to go back to it's default settings). That cured my problem. :D
Yes, return to default settings helps