Windows 7 x64 with CS4- Not returning frame

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
MichaelB

Windows 7 x64 with CS4- Not returning frame

Post by MichaelB »

Hi, I recently decided to upgrade to windows 7 x64 using cs4. I installed everything and finally installed neat.

Whenever i opened a premiere project (created in cs3) with neat applied to the clips it asked to register so I added details. Accepted them and that was ok.

Whenever I tried to edit the profile it would complain that premiere had not returned a frame even though my edit line was over the selected clip. Premiere would then freeze and when i re-opened it I had to register neat again.

I've had to go back to xp x32 with cs3 to get work done but would really like to use cs4 on windows 7.

Finally, I have two 2.33ghx quads in my dell precision 690. Whats the main factor for speed? would it be faster just to have a single processor but have faster cores in them. Thinking of upgrading to something else but not sure if its worth it or what way to upgrade. Whats the ideal system for neat?

great plugin btw :) Just hope I can get it to work with win7 and cs4.

Thanks, M.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It is possible that the preview is not set to the highest quality in CS4 and plug-in does not receive the full resolution frame. Also, please try to reproduce this on a fresh new test project created in CS4. Maybe the problem comes from the CS3 project conversion.

Regarding speed, more cores and/or processors is good. Doesn't really matter if they are in one processor or not. What really counts is fast memory, without that many cores will not be fully busy.

Vlad
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

ok, thanks, I'll try that and see. If thats the case I'll just finish my cs3 projects and then make the move to cs4.

Thanks.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Ok, things are getting there.

I've finally finished all my cs3 projects and using cs4 win win7 x64

Neat seems to be working except everytime I reopen premiere cs4 to work on a project again neat asked me to register. I enter the details and its all good until the next time.

Any idea why its not keeping the registration info?

Ta, M.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Something prevents it from saving the data. Perhaps an antivirus or excessively active Windows UAC. It may help to disable UAC, register NV, restart Premiere to check if the registration is remembered and then re-enable UAC (if needed). Another possibility would be to start Premiere as administator to register NV.

Vlad
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

my account is an administrator.

I'm running dual boot with xp and heard that xp can screw up system restore on windows 7 so I wonder if thats related somehow.

Will try the other things you suggested and see. Thanks,m