Saving Presets?

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
djvmir

Saving Presets?

Post by djvmir »

Newbie query - Premiere Pro, Win10.

I am probably doing something stupid, and the answer may already be in the forum somewhere (or the Manual), but I can't find it!

This is my problem - I apply NV to a clip, create a noise profile and then name and save it. I see it has saved to the Presets folder, below the ADVANCED and GENERAL folders.
Then I move to another similar clip further down the timeline, apply NV to the clip, click PREPARE & BUILD to open the NV dialogue window. I click LOAD PROFILE (or the folder icon to the right) and I'm damned if I can find my profile in the Presets folder - or anywhere else for that matter.

I can paste attributes from my first clip to the second, so I'm not having to recreate the Noise Profile every time I need it - but it would be nice to simply apply a preset.

Restarting PP or rebooting my computer doesn't make it magically appear. So what am I doing wrong? Doh....?
NVTeam

Re: Saving Presets?

Post by NVTeam »

> I apply NV to a clip, create a noise profile and then name and save it. I see it has saved to the Presets folder

Do you save a noise profile in a wrong folder? Or you actually save a filter preset to the Presets folder?
Profiles and presets are two different types of entities.

Make sure you use Save Profile, not Save Preset. Make sure you save the profile to the Profiles folder, not Presets folder.
Make sure you use Load Profile, not Load Preset function to re-load the profile.

Thank you,
Vlad
djvmir

Post by djvmir »

OK - I'll see how I get on with that. Thankyou.

Great product by the way.

And I discovered a great BY-product - I've been working with some timelapse sky footage marred by birds flitting in and out of shot. I enabled Dust & Scratches - no birds!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

That is indeed an interesting application of that filter. :-)

Vlad