Terminal errors, Mac AE

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
scottg

Terminal errors, Mac AE

Post by scottg »

Hi
I just got v5 recently to denoise some 3D renders and have run into an error, I don't know if it's a problem or not.
There are a lot of layers of 3D and as the noise in them is different, I get a better result denoising them individually rather than denoising the comp.
When I have several instances of reduce noise on different layers in AE, terminal on Mac throws up this error:
----- Neat Video error log -----
Rendering frame: Incorrect Input Data.
Central Frame (0): Width=0, Height=0, BitDepth=2, Field=0, Gamma=0
Side Frame (-4): Width=0, Height=0, BitDepth=2, Field=0, Gamma=0

It happens on comps sometimes when there are only 3 or 4 instances. I think it's still denoising but it's hard to know if it's only doing half the layers or all of them. Google didn't show up any other posts of the same nature nor did a search of the forum. Any tips appreciated.
scottg

Re: Terminal errors, Mac AE

Post by scottg »

No one? Official Neat Team? What does this mean please?
NVTeam

Re: Terminal errors, Mac AE

Post by NVTeam »

These messages in the log indicate that in some cases AE did not provide the required input frames for Neat Video. As you can see, it says for example, "Central Frame (0): Width=0, Height=0", which means the current frame provided by AE had the size of 0x0 pixels, so it was basically empty. That is a failure on the side of AE. It should provide some actual frame but it provided 0x0 pixels instead. Neat Video is simply reporting that to help you adjust the project and avoid running into that situation.

Vlad