Vegas Pro 9.0e crashes

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
MoldCAD

Vegas Pro 9.0e crashes

Post by MoldCAD »

This has happened to me several times in similar circumstances, so I'm sure it IS a bug...

- Vegas Pro 9.0e 64bit (I'm not sure about the 32 bit version - didn't test)
- 2 displays configured (I think the NV configuration window was last open on the 2nd display, now turned off)
- pressing the Configure button does nothing (or perhaps it displays the configuration NV window on the inactive display)
- pressing Configure for the second time crashes Vegas

I think some other conditions may have to be met for this to happen (like the Split Screen button active in Vegas preview window, or other FX's active) - but am not 100% certain.

Sorry for so many "I think"'s - but is this a known problem? If not, I can spend some more time and try to pin-point exactly when it happens; if you are aware of it please let me know - along with some info on when it's be solved.

Thanks,

Piotr
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

This may be related to one known issue that we are going to address in the next update. Lets wait for that next update and then check again.

Until then, try to click the Configure button with the Ctrl key pressed, to return the window to the primary monitor.

Thank you,
Vlad
MoldCAD

Post by MoldCAD »

Thank you Vlad - the Ctrl+Configure trick works OK.

I'll keep you posted if the crash repeats - so far so good, though.

Piotr
marksm

Same issue...maybe

Post by marksm »

Im about to go try the control click solution but here is the crash report. I also have two monitors wheras the second manitor (hooked to a laptop) as been made the primary display and the laptop screen the playback monitor. Attached in the vegas report -

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 9.0e (Build 1146) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\Program Files\Neat Video for Sony Vegas\NeatVideoSV.dll
Fault Address: 0x000007FEE7E2A0FB
Fault Offset: 0x000000000000A0FB

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 9.0\vegas90.exe
Process Version: Version 9.0e (Build 1146) 64-bit
Process Description: Vegas Pro

OK Control click worked. Please let me know when updated. Ive been muscle trained the other way and the crashes keep winning :) - Thanks!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Have you installed the latest update of Neat Video plug-in (Sept 14)?

Can you reproduce a crash at will? What are the steps to make it crash?

Thank you,
Vlad
marksm

Post by marksm »

I have to get to an XP machine to do the download becasue WIN7 will not let me log in.

Just using the interface. 1. Add plugin to clip 2. select area of clip in vegas timeline 3. Select progressive or interlace 4. Select configure and CRASH

There is no further info on what causes the crash then what I said in previous post about multiple monitors. It crashes everytime UNLESS I hold down the control key.

I was using version 2.5 of the plug in. I will have results in about an hour when I can get latest 2.6 64bit downloaded.

Win 7, 64 bit, 8 gig ram, Quad I7 latest 64 bit build of vegas

Thank you

Mark
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

marksm wrote:I have to get to an XP machine to do the download becasue WIN7 will not let me log in.
There is a bug in Win7, try to paste the license data using Ctrl+V, not using the popup menu.
marksm wrote:I was using version 2.5 of the plug in. I will have results in about an hour when I can get latest 2.6 64bit downloaded.
Thank you. I hope 2.6 will resolve the problem.

Vlad