workflow of 60i to 24p with neat video

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
terranaut

workflow of 60i to 24p with neat video

Post by terranaut »

hello, im awaiting the next version of neatvideo to work within vegas, but until then i had a workflow question-

- one, i capture a dv .avi file from a canon gl2
- two, i then convert that 60i video to 24p with dvfilm maker which keeps it as a dv-compresssed .avi file
- three, i open that in sony vegas and from there do my editing and perhaps a bit of magic bullet editors and general color corrections before saving to whatever formats....

now, once the vegas version comes out, when would i want to use neatvideo, would it work better with the raw interlaced footage before i used dvfilm maker to move from 60i to 24p (since dvfilm maker is deinterlacing it), or is it ok to use on the 24p-to-60i converted video?

thanks for the input in advance....having used neat image for 3 years i can only imagine how neat video will be within vegas
gg
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I guess it will work both ways but I am not sure at the moment. Lets wait until the vegas version is ready. We are working on it.

Thank you,
Vlad
terranaut

Post by terranaut »

ok thanks for the quick response. ill hold off then to see if neatvideo would work better on the original raw 60i dv files, or if it will work better on the post 60i-to-24p converted dv files (letting a 3rd party program convert from interlaced to progressive frames)...

just wondering, will there be any year-end news of the next release by new years eve?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

This is not clear yet. I would also like to see it ready soon.

Vlad
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Here it is, Neat Video plug-in for Sony Vegas. Enjoy! :)

Vlad