Cuda limits or true unlimitless

general questions about Neat Video
mathewlisett

Cuda limits or true unlimitless

Post by mathewlisett »

"Multiple GPU support
Neat Video works even faster with two or more CUDA GPUs"

so since i know adpobe premier cant even handle the max from one card of 512 and its not able to use both cards ie both gpu's.

with the above quote from the details for the filter, are you sayign that it could easily max out the gtx590 and possibly also using the cores from multiple cards ?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

If the bandwidth is sufficient.. Preferably to have both cards working in 16x mode. May not max them out, but will certainly be faster than just one card.

Vlad
mathewlisett

Post by mathewlisett »

but this is about cuda amount , not bandwith

do you know that it will use both gpu's with their cudas. and have you done any tests to see what the max amount of cuda has been so far
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

When you have two very fast cards but on a narrow bus, the overall speedup is not significant, so it makes sense to ensure they work in 16x mode.

Regarding CUDA itself, we do not implement any specific restrictions on the number of cores used in those cards. We rely on CUDA mechanisms to allocate the load and that according to our tests allows to involve all available computation resources offered by CUDA. Well, perhaps there are some exceptions, and of course we could not test all combinations, but our tests show a significant speedup when two cards are used.

Please download one of the available Demo versions and run the speed test - menu Tools > Preferences > Performance > Optimize. It will show all speeds and we will check the speedup.

Vlad
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

You probably need a very powerfull video card to see benefits if you've already a powerfull processor.
My PC i've dedicated to video processing has an i7@980.
I had a GT240, and switched for a GT520 (for VP5 engine when working with h264 streams).
Benchmark option in v3 is a very interesting tool. It shows things you didn't expect.
- In my case, even with 2 cards (GT240 and GT520 in x16), CPU only is the fastest.
- The fastest is not will all the CPUs (12), but only with 7/8.
In my case, the presence of CUDA give no benefit, but, i think, with less powerfull processor, it would probably produce gain.
mathewlisett

Post by mathewlisett »

erm to the above person.

this is about cuda and neat video not how fast a system does on a benchmark?