mouse input not handled by interface

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
turchi

mouse input not handled by interface

Post by turchi »

Hi,

I just installed the latest trial for virtualdub. I have a problem where my mouse input isn't being processed by the interface. I can tab through options, but I can't click or select noise areas, etc.

If you haven't had this happen before, can you tell me what language is used for it, and/or runtime library versions required?

Running Windows XP 32bit with latest updates, and keep pretty updated on things like runtimes, java, etc..
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Do you use any non-standard mouse like a Wacom tablet/pen?

Vlad
turchi

Post by turchi »

I use an evoluent vertical mouse without the evoluent drivers (standard windows USB mouse). No problems with other software, or actually a previous version of NV (registered 2.6 for Sony Vegas). I was demo-ing the newer version in VirtualDub for CUDA acceleration before buying it for one of the two (probably VirtualDub so I'd have both available).

But, I've tried using a microsoft usb mouse as well as a wireless keyboard+trackball combo, and I don't have issues with other software. That's why I was wondering if there was a particular package, if it's Java, etc., that could be buggy on my system, especially if something fundamental there has changed since 2.6.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

No, Java is not relevant and the only known possible source of the problem is using non-standard input devices like a Wacom tablet/pen.

Please check the plug-in on any other computer. Perhaps it is a system issue on that one computer only and the plug-in works correctly on other computers.

Of course it works properly on our computers too, otherwise we would see the problem already and would try to resolve it.

Thank you,
Vlad