Smooth flickering effect

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
mnstudio

Smooth flickering effect

Post by mnstudio »

I'm using NV on various noisy clips. I find NV great! But I noticed that when I see the clip in pause mode, the filtering is astonishignly perfect. Playing the clip the filtering is still very nice, but you can see a little smooth flickering effect (which I think is the result of the filtering of the original noisy situation). Where can I act to adjust this parameter so to make it more or less evident, if I can?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It is not easy to advise without directly seeing the problem, but perhaps increasing the temporal filter radius might help..

Vlad
mnstudio

Post by mnstudio »

Yeaahh. Increasing the temporal filter radius helps so much.... Good job!!!
And an other question: how could influence the result the Temporal filter threshold? To say it poorly... which are the effects increasing or decreasing the threshold?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The Temporal filter threshold setting determines how sensitive the filter is to changes (for example, motion of objects) in consequent frames. Higher values of this setting lead to more aggressive filtration with less attention to temporal changes (lower motion sensitivity). Lower values lead to less aggressive filtration with more attention to temporal changes and better preservation of moving details (higher motion sensitivity).

Vlad
mnstudio

Post by mnstudio »

Tnx :wink: