OpenCL support?

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
AFUMCBill

OpenCL support?

Post by AFUMCBill »

Now that Adobe CS6 supports OpenCL / Radeon graphics cards, will Neat Video also be updated to support these cards?

Besides the PC, this would have applicability to a number of Apple Mac machines as well.

Thank You.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Such kind of support doesn't come automatically, it requires serious re-developement of the code, which takes time. We are certainly considering the possibility. However if this would be implemented, we should all be prepared that weaker cards like those cards used in MacBook Pros (the only cards currently supported by CS6 - AMD Radeon HD 6750M and AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics card with 1GB VRAM in MacBook Pro computers running Mac OSX v10.7), would not appreciably improve Neat Video's rendering speed.

Vlad
AFUMCBill

Post by AFUMCBill »

Thanks for the responce, Vlad.
patrick

Post by patrick »

Another vote for OpenCL. Vegas improved a lot with OpenCL, NeatVideo should be next :)
Lack of OpenCL support is the reason I didn't upgrade to v3.

I run a i7 970 with HD6950. I'm sure OpenCL will make an important difference.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We surely hear you. We also want to put these high-end HDs to good use.

Vlad
affinityphoto

Post by affinityphoto »

NVTeam wrote:Such kind of support doesn't come automatically, it requires serious re-developement of the code, which takes time. We are certainly considering the possibility. However if this would be implemented, we should all be prepared that weaker cards like those cards used in MacBook Pros (the only cards currently supported by CS6 - AMD Radeon HD 6750M and AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics card with 1GB VRAM in MacBook Pro computers running Mac OSX v10.7), would not appreciably improve Neat Video's rendering speed.

Vlad
Actually, I've been using Premiere Pro CS6 on my 2010 Mac Pro (6-core, 3.33/24GB) with my Radeon 5870 which is hardware accelerating the Mercury Render Engine. I had to add it to the text file, but it is indeed doing full GPU rendering. OPENCL for the win!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

You may want to take part in the ongoing testing.

Thank you,
Vlad
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We have just released the update v3.3 of the plug-ins for Premiere and for After Effects (Windows) with direct support (via OpenCL) for certain AMD/ATI cards. Later on we will add the Mac versions and then other versions of Neat Video will also get this capability.

You may want to try the new plug-ins. You will find them on the webpage of Neat Video.

Kind regards,
Vlad
Fifonik

Post by Fifonik »

I think it would be nice to have something like little database of video cards with processing speeds.

Video Card - OS/Driver/NeatVideo version - Resolution - Neat Video Settings - Speed (fps, GPU ONLY)

To get started my details:
AMD 6850 - Win7 64 bit/Catalyst 12.7/NeatVideo 3.2 test for Sony Vegas - 720p - Radius=1 - 8.77 fps
AMD 6850 - Win7 64 bit/Catalyst 12.7/NeatVideo 3.2 test for Sony Vegas - 720p - Radius=2 - 5.62 fps
AMD 6850 - Win7 64 bit/Catalyst 12.7/NeatVideo 3.2 test for Sony Vegas - 1080p - Radius=1 - 4.48 fps
AMD 6850 - Win7 64 bit/Catalyst 12.7/NeatVideo 3.2 test for Sony Vegas - 1080p - Radius=2 - 2.96 fps
Tim

Post by Tim »

Fifonik wrote: To get started my details:
Thank you for sharing this.
Could you please email full optimizer logs to support [at] neatvideo.com?
Image Image Neat Video team
noise reduction for video and photos
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Fifonik, the above measurements come from v3.2, which uses only CPU, is that correct? (v3.2 cannot use AMD cards)

Thank you,
Vlad
Fifonik

Post by Fifonik »

Could you please email full optimizer logs to support [at] neatvideo.com?
I've already sent all info that was requested in this topic long time ago. Also, I've received feedback :)

the above measurements come from v3.2, which uses only CPU, is that correct?
Sorry, the measurements are for Neat Video 3.2.1 (test build) GPU only.
There are too many different CPUs so the "database" will be too big. I'd like to know how newer ATI/AMD GPUs perform as I'm thinking about upgrading my own GPU.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Well, the simplest solution would be to post results in this thread.

Here is one more reference point:
AMD Radeon HD 7950, 1920x1080, radius=1, 8-bit: 11.6 fps
AMD Radeon HD 7950, 1920x1080, radius=5, 8-bit: 4.9 fps

Please note that the GPU speed somewhat varies depending on the rest of the system, which still has to supply the input data and then take the results back. Different systems do that with different degree of efficiency, hence quite different figures can be observed even if the GPU is the same.

Vlad
Fifonik

Post by Fifonik »

Well, the simplest solution would be to post results in this thread.
This is exactly what I suggested :)
No reasons to implement additional section with such information on your web-site.
vvulture

Post by vvulture »

Fifonik wrote: Sorry, the measurements are for Neat Video 3.2.1 (test build) GPU only.
Was there a test build released ?... interesting..... i was told i would be participating after submiting my results :(