Problem after Update to Neat Video 3.2 with Sony Vegas 11/12

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
sscheidegger

Problem after Update to Neat Video 3.2 with Sony Vegas 11/12

Post by sscheidegger »

Hi all

I have been using Neat Video 3.1 with Sony Vegas 11 for a while and everything worked perfectly well. Recently I updated to Neat Video 3.2. Now I have the following problem: If I open an old Vegas project (made earlier with Neat 3.1) and re-render it without changing any parameters, Neat Video destroys all the details. Apparently I need to open Neat and make a new noise profile before I get similar results as before. But still the result is only similar but not the same.

Is there a way to use the old noise profile? And if so, should the result then be exactly the same as with the old version of Neat? I have the impression that the result is slightly different, that there is maybe a little more sharpness/detail with the new version. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Stefan
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

In principle, v3.2 should produce the same results as v3.1 and updating the plug-in should not make any difference on the output of the render.
I recommend to re-install v3.1 and check if you get the original results that you expected or they are also different, just like in v3.2. Perhaps the difference is caused by some corruption in the project file. In that case, the results of both 3.1 and 3.2 will be the same now (and different than what you received in the past). If you need v3.1 for a test please contact support [at] neatvideo.com

Thank you,
Vlad
sscheidegger

Post by sscheidegger »

Hi Vlad,

thanks a lot, I tested again with the old version of Neat Video. However, I realized I was working with v3.0, not v3.1 before. So I acually updated from v3.0 to v3.2.

With the old version, everything still works fine. The result is as before. Can it be a problem with the update from 3.0 to 3.2?

Thanks again for your help,
Stefan
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

What I said about v3.1 vs v3.2 applies also to v3.0 vs v3.2.
Do you actually render the project/clip and check the output clip?
Or are you checking preview in Vegas?

Could you prepare a small test project with v3.0 and see if the problem is still reproducible if you update to v3.2? If it is, please send us the project for direct tests.

Thank you,
Vlad
sscheidegger

Post by sscheidegger »

I sent an email with a Sony Vegas project file to support at neatvideo.

Thanks for your help!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you. I will send you an e-mail now.

Vlad