Slower rendering in FCPX 10.0.6

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
garters

Post by garters »

Thanks for the offer, but neither option suits me at this time. I like the new FCPX too much to go back, because it fixes some other niggles that used to frustrate me. I'll just put up with the slow "neat" rendering and leave the Mac on all night when I leave the office.

However it will be a good day when it is fixed.

Cheers
valleo

Post by valleo »

Maybe this is another bug of FCPX:
When I add the NV filter to a clip in the timeline, then the clip seems to show offset in time. Workaround for this is to apply the filter to the clip when open it in a timeline seperately.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We haven't seen such an effect yet, users have not reported that either. That is something new.

Is it always reproducible on your machine? Is it clip-specific or happens with any clip? Could you also clarify the workaround a bit more?

Thank you,
Vlad
valleo

Post by valleo »

No, not everytime. At the moment I've got no footage to look at. It happended on a 50fps GoPro shot, retimed to 50% (for 25fps timeline usage). No issues on 25fps footage so far.
tlbrownmusic

Same issue

Post by tlbrownmusic »

Hi there so this might sound stupid. But I'm doing a music video to which i have some noise I need to eliminate. Is this bug causing the program not to filter at all? Im getting the same terminal error. "Error: Incorrect Input Data. Frame is not filtered." Does this mean its just not working at all right now?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

That means you have been hit by that known bug in FCPX 10.0.6.

Please contact support [at] neatvideo.com, we might have a workaround before Apple fixes FCPX.

Vlad
nav6785

Post by nav6785 »

Is there any news on what Apple may do to correct the functionality of 3rd party plugins?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

No, they need to correct the functionality of FCPX itself. Also, the problem shows up not only with third-party plug-ins, it is possible to get the same issue even with some of Apple own filter plug-ins. Which is yet another indication that the bug is in FCPX itself.

Unfortunately we have no news from Apple so far. We know they work on the problem, but it is not clear when it is going to be solved.

Vlad
nav6785

Post by nav6785 »

Apple are slipping!!! I'm shocked they'd release something that hasn't been thoroughly tested! Well thanks Vlad for keeping us up to scratch
EmcFH

Post by EmcFH »

I downloaded your plug-in this morning and have the same problem as mentionned in this post (message : error: inccorect input data. frame is not filtered). I also use FCP X 10.0.6.
Was any solution found to solve this ?
Fortunately, I still also have a FCP 7 on my workstation so I could enjoy your plug-in but that would be much more convenient to work "diretcly" in FCP X.
Any chance you (or Apple) fix this ?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I can see you have sent this message by e-mail and here. I will answer by e-mail.

Vlad
garters

Post by garters »

I see that Apple have released FCP 10.0.7

Any change to the situation with Neat and it's speed under FCPX 10.0.6
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

10.0.7 has more serious issues than just speed. In many cases, 10.0.7 will produce artifacts / corrupted frames in rendered data, which makes it quite useless in production until the bugs are fixed by Apple.

At the least the final rendering makes little sense in such conditions. Perhaps it is okay to set up a project and do some regular editing in it, but not the final rendering because that may create bad frames in the output.

In short, I recommend to wait for 10.0.8 or use 10.0.5.

Vlad
simonpwood

Post by simonpwood »

Any updates from Apple with regards to this issue? Do Apple talk to plug-in developers?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Apple guys say they thought they had a fix for that problem but then, they say, it turned out not to be a correct fix and so they are now continuing to work on that bug. As strange as it sounds, that is practically their words. We all are still waiting for that fix.

Vlad