Neat Video Pro for Sony Vegas and frame size

general questions about Neat Video
ehScorpio

Neat Video Pro for Sony Vegas and frame size

Post by ehScorpio »

First things first: system configuration. OS: Windows XP with all updates installed, Sony Vegas Movie Studio Paltinum 7.0a build 52, and Neat Video 1.5 Pro plugin for Sony Vegas. Media is HDV footage recoded with CineForm intermeviate codec - 1440x1080x32, 29.97i.

Neat Video plugin picks up frame from preview for noise profiling during configuration. It is not convinient (as I have to switch to full size preview every time I configure Neat Video plugin), but I could live with it. What really bothers me, is the "Size 1440x1080 (progressive)" indication in the Neat Video status line despite the Vegas preview window shows properly that format is interlaced (1440x1080x32, 29.97i). I am afraid that noise removal is not optimal and/or some artifacts may appear if Neat Video treats interlaced format as progressive.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Do not worry about the "progressive" label. This is how Vegas itself works: it deinterlaces interlaced data before sending it to the plug-in, then Neat Video plug-in works with progressive data and sends it back to Vegas, then Vegas converts it back to interlaced format. This is how Vegas works in general. So, the label in the NV plug-in is correct and it is no problem at all.

Vlad
ehScorpio

Post by ehScorpio »

Thenk you for clarification!