Neat Video freezing up in Vdub

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Ksx5000

Neat Video freezing up in Vdub

Post by Ksx5000 »

I have been using neat video for virtual dub just fine for over 2 years now but this problem just appeared out of nowhere. Whenever I go to load the noise profiler for neat video in Virtual Dub it freezes up. This just started happening this week and there have been no other changes to my system that may have caused it. Vdub doesn't appear to be using up my CPU or Memory in a way that would cause it to freeze up.

I tried running the uninstaller for neat video and reinstalling. I even did a system restore to earlier this week when I wasn't having the issue but nothing has corrected it yet.

Is there some hidden cache for neat video that I can clear that might help resolve this? I'm a bit baffled right now.

:edit:

If I wait 2-3 minutes the noise profiler GUI will unfreeze and I can proceed to get a clip profile albeit very slowly. Once I accomplish that I can process videos as normal.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Does this happen in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of VirtualDub (with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of NV)?

Do you use any GPU in NV (see in NV Preferences > Performance)? If so, do you run the latest available video drivers?

Please try to open the Configuration window while holding the Ctrl key pressed on the keyboard. Does this change anything in response of the plug-in?

Thank you,
Vlad
Ksx5000

Post by Ksx5000 »

I've only used 32-bit versions in the past but I installed the 64-bit versions of Vdub and NV today and had the same issue. My preferences are set to CPU only. I tried to change to GPU only but the plugin locks up completely preventing me from making any changes. Opening the config window while holding Ctrl has had no effect either unfortunately.

I can select a reference frame in the video just fine everything else in the GUI is very slow to respond or just locks up completely.

This issue is only happening with the neat video plugin. Every other plugin/filter I have been using in Virtual Dub or Adobe Premiere are working fine.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

If you can also check in Premiere, please install the Demo plug-in for Premiere from Download page and check if it shows the same problem in Premiere. It may be a system-wide issue affecting all versions of Neat Video.

Do you use any non-standard input devices, something Wacom perhaps?

Vlad
Ksx5000

Post by Ksx5000 »

I just downloaded and tested in Premiere and same result there. I don't use any Wacom devices.

Seems there must be a corrupted file somewhere that's bugging it up. I will try running in on an alternate Windows install on a different drive to see if there is any difference there.
Ksx5000

Post by Ksx5000 »

Solved.

After rereading your comment about input devices I remembered I have a secondary wireless mouse connected to my system that I use for my remote display monitor. It turns out one of the side buttons was stuck on that mouse. After fixing that the problem has gone away.

Thanks for your help and taking the time to respond to my problem. Much appreciated!

Ksx5000