applying NV to a large number of clips in after effects

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
miles archer

applying NV to a large number of clips in after effects

Post by miles archer »

Hi--

I'm working on a project with 180+ footage items in it. Is there a way to apply Neat Video with the camera profile and other settings in place? It looks like I have to open each clip and set the camera profile individually.

thanks!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

You can setup the filter for one of the clips and then copy&paste the filter effect from this clip to the other clips.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
miles archer

Post by miles archer »

when I do that, I get the filter template but it's not actually doing anything until I open the "options", choose my camera profile, and apply (F9)
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Strange, when I do that, it works correctly. Please make sure you save the project after setting up NV for the first clip. Then select the clip name and copy, then paste to another clip.

BTW, which version of AE is it?

Thank you,
Vlad
miles archer

Post by miles archer »

Eureka!

The problem is that if I copy the "reduce noise" effect from the effect control window, pasting doesn't carry the settings.

But if I expand effects in the timeline and copy from there, it carries the camera profile and filter settings. (saving first does not seem to be necessary)

After Effects 6.5

Thanks for your help!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, I also copied the effect in the timeline window. Will check the other way.

Vlad
tjbuege

Post by tjbuege »

This still appears to be a problem with NV 2.0. (i.e., copying effects from effects panel doesn't copy settings). Should it have been fixed?

Thanks!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

This seems to be a feature (or bug) of AE itself (you can check that with the 'basic text' effect available in AE, it will not copy the entered text), so I recommend to copy from the timeline instead of the effect panel.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
tjbuege

Post by tjbuege »

Huh...I hadn't noticed that before with other effects. I probably just haven't run across it. Ok, thanks for the explaination!

Tim