Out of GPU Memory Error - Davinci Resolve

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
clvarner

Out of GPU Memory Error - Davinci Resolve

Post by clvarner »

When applying Neat Video to a timeline in Resolve, an "Out of GPU memory" error occurs. Working on a MacPro, Nvidia Quadro 4000 with 2048MB. Everything is working fine until we add Neat Video to it.
Going to mess around with driver/CUDA versions and make sure everything is correct on that front but any ideas on how to fix this would be great.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The problem is likely on the side of Resolve itself. Does Resolve currently use the GPU in CUDA mode or in OpenCL mode? Please try OpenCL, in that mode Resolve seems to manage the GPU memory better.

Thank you,
Vlad
Dinky

GPU errors

Post by Dinky »

Did you ever find the cause of the problem ? I am getting all sorts of GPU errors as well, trying to apply a Neat Video noise filter in FCPX. Or even crashes and freezes. It's the only software having problems with the GPU. FCPX itself is working fine when e.g. rendering or analyzing footage for stabilization, so in my view it is not a GPU- or CUDA problem.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Dinky,

The original post in this topic is about Davinci Resolve, which has its own reasons for the GPU memory problems. You are asking about FCPX, which is a different issue. Please start a different topic or continue to work with us through the e-mail channel.

Thank you,
Vlad
Dinky

Post by Dinky »

Hi Vlad,

Sorry about this. The constant factor in this is the Neat Video plugin. So I am curious about a solution the original poster might have received. It might apply in my case as well. I therefor would appreciate an answer from clvarner