Preview mode directly affects NV?

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Leigh

Preview mode directly affects NV?

Post by Leigh »

In Vegas 7.0e, I have the preview windows set to "Preview (Auto)". I find that NV is unable to auto-profile at this resolution ("Selected area is too small"). NV's preview image is also very low resolution, so it appears to be taking its resolution directly from Vegas' preview mode. If I change my preview window to "Best (Full)", NV has no trouble at all in auto-profiling.

Should the preview mode be affecting NV so directly? This seems a bit odd to me? Will this even affect the actual noise reduction, as the profile will have been created on a lower resolution image?
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

The"Build Dynamic RAM Preview" option makes no difference - The image in NV is still low resolution. Do I have to force the preview to "Best (Full)" for NV to work properly?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, using a small version of the frame is NOT acceptable for many reasons. One of them is that the noise properties of the normal frame and small version of the frame are absolutely different, so a noise profile built using a small version will not be right for processing the normal frame.

Therefore, please use the "Best (Full)" setting in Vegas viewer to build a profile and preview NV filtration. Otherwise, Vegas will send small versions of the frame to the NV plug-in and that is not what you want and not what NV expects.

Vlad
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Thanks for clearing that up.