unspecified launch failure (719)

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
mathewlisett

unspecified launch failure (719)

Post by mathewlisett »

the worst bit is that it didnt continue using the cpu, the project had to be totally restarted and that was over 9hrs wasted.

NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Neat Video indicated in the log that it continued to work using the CPU, so rendering could continue anyway.

It is not clear what caused the original problem though. Perhaps there was a general lack of free GPU memory caused by joint use of the GPU by both Premiere's Mercury Engine and Neat Video. I would try the suggestion from the log - to reduce the amount of GPU memory allowed to Neat Video.

Also, I recommend to make sure you run the very latest video drivers.

Thank you,
Vlad
mathewlisett

Post by mathewlisett »

well thats where the thought breaks down, as the gpu has 4GB and at the time was only at 1800 used up.

and its not the first time its happened (happened a few months ago)

and as stated when i did the ctrl+c the project basically stood there so nothing happened with the cpu.

so i restarted with reinstalling the driver and then cutting the project in half just incase it was a specified area in the project that was causing it.

and today it was fine after i did the alterations.

rather odd.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

If there are no other Premiere effects that may be using GPU along with Neat Video, it could also help to simply disable the GPU in Mercury Engine and let it run using the CPU alone. In some cases, that may even render faster (when Neat Video is used) but the main goal would be to ensure stability by leaving only one GPU user. Of course, 4 GB should be enough for both of them, but still it may be worth trying if you encounter the same issue again.

Vlad