Motion 5 and NV 3&4 with Still Photo

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
msg4reg

Post by msg4reg »

Creating a project in Motion 5 from a still photo causes garbage screen(s) with Neat Video v3 and v4. The first time I tried this it put up this dialog also: "The host application has not provided the frame data to Neat Video plug-in".
But after loading and reloading the filter, both versions just show garbage now and no more dialog. Is this because of Motion 5? Had no problems with earlier Motion.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Could you be a bug, either in Motion or in NV itself. Please update NV to the latest version (4.0.6) and check if the problem is still reproducible.

Thank you,
Vlad
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please also check which exactly version of Motion you use. If necessary please update to the most recent version (5.1.2).

Please also send a small test case (a project with the source media known to reproduce the problem on your computer) to support [at] neatvideo.com for direct testing.

Thank you,
Vlad
msg4reg

Post by msg4reg »

Using Motion 5.2.1, NV 4.0.6, iMac 12,1, 16GB ram, OS 10.10.5 – and still have similar results, only this time I get the aforementioned dialog and can't get past it:
"The host application has not provided the frame data to Neat Video plug-in..."
Turning off/on the filter panel setting doesn't make a difference. Other than possible Motion issues, I had been using Mavericks before; now Yosemite.

Vlad, I'm not sure what you mean by a "test case" project from Motion. Not a heavy Motion user. Can Motion output projects, and if so, can you guide me through that? TIA.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I am no user of Motion 5 either but I guess it should be possible to either directly save the current project or export to XML (as that is done in FCPX) and send transfer that XML (and source media files) to us by e-mail. Please check in File menu of Motion, there should be commands to save or export.

If you cannot find a way there, please make some screenshots illustrating the steps you take up to the moment when the problems show up. Please then e-mail those screenshots to support [at] neatvideo.com

Thank you,
Vlad
msg4reg

Post by msg4reg »

Motion 5.2.2 was released this week, and this bug has now been fixed. FYI to anyone who experienced this besides me. Thanks to NV team who looked into this.