Neat Video and Virtualdub

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Gerald Sr.

Neat Video and Virtualdub

Post by Gerald Sr. »

I had used Neat Video in Virtualdub and my video still has a lot of noise. I would like to know if I should use one of Virtualdub filter along with Neat Video to improve the vhs video. Is there a way that I can get a dvd quality video and copy the profile and add it to another video to make that video looks dvd quality?.

Gerald Sr.
NVTeam

Re: Neat Video and Virtualdub

Post by NVTeam »

Gerald Sr. wrote:I had used Neat Video in Virtualdub and my video still has a lot of noise.
Perhaps you could use a more agressive noise reduction in NV so that the results were less noisy after using NV alone?
Gerald Sr. wrote:I would like to know if I should use one of Virtualdub filter along with Neat Video to improve the vhs video.
I think this could be done but I would try to adjust the NV settings in the first place, trying to remove more objectionable noise.
Gerald Sr. wrote:Is there a way that I can get a dvd quality video and copy the profile and add it to another video to make that video looks dvd quality?
You can copy a noise profile from one instance of NV to another by saving the profile to the disk and then opening it again in the second instance. However, I am not sure I completely understand the purpose of that. Usually, you can get a better noise profile by building it using the current video clip then by copying it from another instance of NV applied to another clip.

Vlad