Upgrade from 3.5 - profile info

general questions about Neat Video
toddigodi

Upgrade from 3.5 - profile info

Post by toddigodi »

Dear Neat Video,
I bought the Pro version, 3.5, and would like to upgrade to the 4 (mostly because it is so slow on my 2013 MacPro 64GB 8 core 2xD700, hoping for a faster render. It is optimized for 11 cores and GPU #2, as per the software recommendation). Currently it has taken 3 hours to reach 50% on a 4K iPhone video, 10 minutes long recording.

However, I can't find the email, nor the receipt with my serial/password when I search through my mail with Neat Video Noise Reduction as keywords in various combinations.

Any suggestions?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Forum is not the best place to find and exchange serials and passwords so I recommend to contact sales [at] neatvideo.com directly, they should be able to help you.

Thank you,
Vlad

P.S. I do not expect v4 to be faster than v3 on the same computer. The main benefits of v4 are in its new and improved functionality, while the speed is the same as v3.
toddigodi

3.5 upgrade

Post by toddigodi »

thank you Vlad,

Appreciate the reply. no intention of exchanging any serials, just need to know if anyone knows where to find the serial, if it should be located in some preference, or 'about' setting that I might have missed.
Will contact sales.

Also, will try to render another video with just GPU and see if it moves faster. Now at 81% with the same video. Quality looks very good, but the render times are just so long... :-)
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please always use our e-mail contact for license-related questions.

Regarding the speed of NV, please kindly post the results of Optimize. That will help us estimate whether the measured speeds are adequate or not for that hardware. If the speed is adequate then the long render times may as well be normal. It is 4k after all.

Thank you,
Vlad
toddigodi

optimized

Post by toddigodi »

NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, these speeds (of Neat Video itself) seem adequate for that hardware.

The overall speed of FCPX render may be about 2-3 times slower though, because of the overhead of FCPX itself, its input and output codecs, other processing.

Thank you,
Vlad