Avid Liquid - VirtualDub

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Strat

Avid Liquid - VirtualDub

Post by Strat » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:44 am

I use liquid for all my capturing and since the bulk of my work is capturing/editing 8mm &16mm films, I think this will be exactly what I need. Here's my question. I capture in DV avi format. As Neat video renders I see each frame is 1mb ... Several seconds is more than a 3min 50' roll of film as with uncompressed avi file. What am I doing wrong, and what do I need to do to correct it?[/list]

NVTeam

Post by NVTeam » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:30 am

The problem is most likely in the compression settings. Please check the compression settings in VirtualDub (menu Video | Compression...).

Vlad
Image Image Neat Video team
noise reduction for video and photos

Strat

Avid Liquid - VirtualDub

Post by Strat » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:50 pm

I realize it could be the compression settings, however, I have only one DV (avi)uncompressed encoder, so why would there be such a drastic change in file size? 1mb per frame is a bit much don't you think?

NVTeam

Post by NVTeam » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:09 pm

Yes, it is too much for compressed data, so it is likely to be uncompressed and that is caused by the codec/encoder used. Neat Video is not part of the compression process so I would look into the host (whether it is Liquid or VirtialDub) compression settings in the first place.

Vlad
Image Image Neat Video team
noise reduction for video and photos

Strat

Post by Strat » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Problem solved ..
I added a plugin called vdub2rtfx from: http://www.hlinke.de/Home_e/VDub2RTFX_P ... lugin.html

It solved my problem. It renders much faster and keeps the original size while doing an incredible job!