NV 2.22 crashes CS4

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Marv

NV 2.22 crashes CS4

Post by Marv »

I installed Premiere Pro CS4, then uninstalled my eariler version of NR, then downloaded and installed NV2.22.
2 seconds after I click and drag NV to the clip PP CS4 crashes. A couple of times the NV showed up in the Clips Effects pannel and when I clicked on it to open it... PP CS4 crashed.

I have NV Pro Version, and the clip was wide 1440x1080.

Marv. :(
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Marv,

We are aware of this issue and are currently working on it. It seems there is a minor bug in CS4 that makes it work on 1440x1080 clips differently than previous versions of Premiere. In any case, I expect we will be able to offer a solution in the coming days. Please stay tuned, I will post an update here.

Thank you,
Vlad
Last edited by NVTeam on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Understand... not in a hurry at this point.

NOTE: Also happens with 1920x1080.

Interestingly, I set PP CS4 for standard DV and got NV to open up when applied to a clip and it never asked me for my regestration Number, etc. This was the first time I have been able to open NV 2.22 up in PP CS4.

Marv.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We have updated Neat Video for Premiere with a workaround intended to avoid that problem in Premiere CS4 working with specific clip sizes and specific project settings. Please re-download Neat Video and try to use it in your project. I expect it to work properly now.

Thank you,
Vlad
Marv

Works

Post by Marv »

Thanks, New Download appears to works. ( I didn'y have any really noisy samples to test).
I tested it with CS4 with the before mentioned Rez... and I noticed that the image is really streached 2x? in the NV preview window. takes a bit getting use to.

Marv.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It is actually not stretched, it is two times smaller in vertical dimension because it is not full frame (despite Premiere CS4 says so to the plug-in, that is incorrect, CS3 used to say the right thing) but just one field (lower or upper), because interlaced video data consist of such half-frame fields. That is what NV filter actually works with, that is what NV receives from Premiere, that is what should be used to build a noise for such video data, so that is what NV shows you as well. That is normal for Premiere and for interlaced video.

Vlad