PS Plug-In

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
virterm

PS Plug-In

Post by virterm »

Do you have any plans on creating Neat Image Plug-In for PhotoShop?
Most of us performs most of the color manipulation using PS, unfortunatelly we have save our file, leave PS then use Neat Image.
Thanks,
Wojtek
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Surely we have. A plugin version of NI is what we are working on currently.

Vlad
chas57

Photoshop Plug-in

Post by chas57 »

Will this be a free upgrade for registered users?
ianders1

Post by ianders1 »

I wouldn't think so. As a user, it seems like it should be, but you have to remember that converting a program like NI to a plug-in requires a great deal of work and may require it to almost be re-written. I'm sure that they will once again reward their loyal customers, however.
-Ian
fefifo

Post by fefifo »

"I'm sure that they will once again reward their loyal customers, however."....Is that a subtle hint Ian?... :lol:

IMHO we are lucky to get what we pay for...but with NI I know we get a lot more than we pay for. Photoshop should be such a bargin!!

Cheers :lol:
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Our upgrade policy is that registered users receive special offers. That may be a free upgrade like it is with users of NI v1.x Home edition who receive NI v2.x Home edition for free. That may be a discount - like it is with upgrade to the Pro edition.

With respect to the future versions of Neat Image, including one that will include a plugin, the policy is the same: registered users will receive special offers. What these offers exactly are will be decided when the new version is ready.

This policy is described at the Purchase page http://www.neatimage.com/purchase.html

And you are right, making a plugin version requires a lot of (re-)work.

Hope this helps.

Vlad
JonO

Photoshop Plugin

Post by JonO »

Any chance you're working on a cross-platform (meaning usable on a Mac) version of the PS plugin?

JonO
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

That is possible though you have to understand that to be used on both PC and Mac, a PS plugin (like any other application) should come in two distinct versions, thus complicating the development (read increasing time and cost).
Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Any ETA, even rough ones? I do agree it is a great tool, however, it is disruptive to the workflow, without the Plugin.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Several months I think. A lot depends on the help of people, who support the development by registering the software. Did you? ;-)
Watcher

Post by Watcher »

NITeam wrote:Several months I think. A lot depends on the help of people, who support the development by registering the software. Did you? ;-)
Free upgrade to include plugin? <- I will. It is a great s/w and I'm thinking of the Pro version.

Another Qn: Is it/Will it be multithreaded? Given that the algo that the s/w is using is relatively slow (but very good of course), multithreading could help.

Sorry, another one: Does the current Pro version support PNG files? The demo version does not. If no, do you expect to add this feature?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Is it/Will it be multithreaded?
It is now. You can run queue processing in the background and set up and process an image in the job editor in the foreground. BTW, this amounts to more than two threads already.
Does the current Pro version support PNG files?
No.
If no, do you expect to add this feature?
I doubt, though we keep this possibility open.
Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Thanks for your replies. I will definately consider this software as I assemble my tools together.