Save queue and filtration state information

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
taob

Save queue and filtration state information

Post by taob »

I would like to save my current queue parameters so that resuming an NI session picks up where you last left off. I spent about 30 minutes yesterday setting up a nice long queue to run overnight, and nearly lost it when I thought XP had crashed (it recovered though). All the job settings, processed (but not saved) images, etc... it would be nice to have that preserved across invocations.

Also, if I put a filtration job on hold and then restart it, NI has to start over with that image again. Can it write something out to disk to save state? Obviously, if I change the profile and filter settings for an image, it would have to start over again.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

This feature is something nice to have but not easy to implement (sic). Moreover, it is even more difficult to provide recovery from OS crashes.
BTW, I never had any similar experience with XP. It works flawless.

Thank you for the suggestion anyway. We will see if that will be possible to implement in the future.

Vlad
Dan

Saving Current Que Params

Post by Dan »

Unless I'm mistaken this covers the same area that my suggestion (on old BBoard) requested.

I suggested allowing the queued up jobs (files list, noise, filter params, save format etc.) to be saved with a name (batch file), so that it could be run at a later time. It would let the user setup a group of "jobs" and then tell NI to run job A, B, C, D one right after the other --for example overnight.

Implementing this, you guys said would be pretty easy.

Thanks,

Dan
Dan

PS

Post by Dan »

Now that I've re-read the taob's note I can see that there's additional info that taob is talking about --state of the filtration and the queue. I assume that means which files were filtered, which ones remain to be done etc.

My suggestion did not cover that, however, having saved jobs lists would mean that one would not at least have to re-list the list of files and should save some time in case of an unrecoverable crash.

Dan
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Dan, thank you for the suggestion. In fact, we all understand that preserving the jobs in one way or in another can be beneficial. The only question is about a simple and logical way to implement this. We are considering this question. I hope this feature will be added soon.

Thank you once again.

Vlad