Mac Version?

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
JonO

Mac Version?

Post by JonO »

I've spent the weekend looking at a variety of noise reduction options for dealing with noise in D30/60 shots... from Photoshop actions to standalone aps. People keep pointing to Neat Image. I'm glad to read in this form that a Mac version is "on the list" of priorities, but can you be more specific about a timeframe? (I could use it yesterday, and I suspect that other Mac people would too!)

JonO
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Producing a Mac version most likely will be a matter of a few months.
Before that time I recommend either to use Virtual PC to run NI on Mac, or to run it on a real PC.

Vlad
JonO

Re Neat Image Mac Version

Post by JonO »

Thank you Vlad, for the update.

I consider this to be "good news" for Mac users. I assume you're working on a version for OSX, right? Also, which flavor of Windows is preferred when running NI under either of the PC emulators you mentioned?

Thanks again.

JonO.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I recommend using the most stable versions of Windows: NT, 2000, XP

This is related to any resource intensive tasks.
naturalturn

Post by naturalturn »

Are there any news on the Mac version? Running it under Virtual PC is so slow -- over an hour per 22 megapixel scanned image.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We are doing progress with the Mac version, but the release is expected in the third quartal of 2003.

Vlad
mark-vdi

mac-version Q3 2003?

Post by mark-vdi »

How are you doing with this time frame that you indicated in February? Any chance of direct email notification of the release?
How about a ß-test version?
NB: Photoshop7/OSX a must for compatibility
Automated batch conversion with profile?

Mark
www.visdi.com
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Mark, I will let you know when we have a beta-version to test. The time frame remains the same.

Vlad
mark-vdi

Post by mark-vdi »

Many thanks - I will look forward to it...
JonO

Re: Mac Version Beta

Post by JonO »

Hi Vlad,

I'd be very interested in seeing an OSX beta as well. In the months since I first posted the question, I've acquired a PC. I figured it made more sense than spending money on VirtualPC software, given some of the cross-platform media work I do.

In any case, I now suspect I will buy NI for the PC very soon and wonder whether you will offer some sort of cross-grade for switching back to the Mac.. where I do the bulk of my work.

Can't wait for the Mac version.... and PS plug-in.
8)
Jon
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Jon, we usually offer special conditions (discounts, free upgrades) to our users. I think this will be the same with the Mac version.

Vlad
JonO

Re: Mac Version

Post by JonO »

Hello again...

Just checking in to see how the Mac OSX version of NeatImage is coming. BTW, a plug-in for Photoshop CS would be awesome... the ap's shadow/highlight filter plus the ability to deal with RAW format natively are huge advances. Folding NI into the mix would complete the package.

JonO
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Hi Jon,

We are working on it now, including a plug-in for CS.

Vlad
JonO

Version 4.0 out - any news on Mac version

Post by JonO »

Hi Vlad,

It looks like you've made some nice progress on the pc version with the newest release... any update on the Mac version?

JonO
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We expect some updates in the near future, this relates to the ongoing beta-testing process. We plan to finish this work in Q2.

Vlad