Using Neatimage on Macintosh

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Andreas

Using Neatimage on Macintosh

Post by Andreas »

Hello,
I tried the Demo Version of Neat Image a few times on my Macintosh in the PC-Emulator "Virtual PC". The Emulator runs under MacOS 10.2 and has Windows 95 installed. This worked fine with my old G3 450Mhz PowerMac. Now I have a Dualprozessor G4 533 and NeatImage is unable to open/save JPEG files! Any opened JPEG file now just contains garbage! I found a workarround to convert the desired image as tiff. Opening this works! After "neatimaging" the image I wanted to save it but the saved file now only contains garbage too! I expect that there must be a memoryleak/bug in the JPEG routines of NeatImage.
The problem for me is, that I can't use NeatImage any more because I can't save! The demo version did not allow me to save as tiff (which would perhaps work?). I am willing to pay for NeatImage but I would like to have a Mac Version which is carefully announced on the webpage...
Is there really a Mac-Version in sight?
Andreas.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Andreas,

With respect to behavior of NI in Virtual PC, unfortunately I cannot check your observations. I don't think there is a memory leak or bug in NI itself (don't forget, it works flawlessly on thousands of Windows computers), but rather I suspect an incomplete compatibility due to limitations of Virtual PC. On the other hand, we have reports of Mac users who say that it does work properly in the emulator. Probably there is something about Virtual PC + Dual processor.

Regarding a Mac version, it is not announced, yet. Yes, we have it in our development plans and it may be produced within a few months if everything goes well.

Vlad

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem here:
Neat image Demo and VPC on the Mac on my Dual533 does not work. Apparently a VPC bug with Duals? Strange.

any idea what to do? That sure takes ages until a possible VPC bug is fixed.

regards
John :cry:
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We will publish an update soon. There will be several bugfixes. Probably this will solve the problem, but of course if it is because of VPC itself then this will not help.