Photoshop plugin

general questions about Neat Image
Josh

Photoshop plugin

Post by Josh »

Why is your wonderful product (still) not available as Photoshop plugin?
I know that you had plans for that, but don't see anything yet...and this is almost 6 months after I asked the same question.

Trust me, make it available as a Photoshop plugin and your sales will go up like you wouldn't believe. Don't forget, Photoshop plugins are used in more programs than only Photoshop ;)
I'm an experienced Photoshop user and I'm moderator on a large board for 1 year now and I know from experience that people love to see a plugin for this program; people still struggle with noise and sharpening.
And what's also very important; your product does a great job when it comes to sharpening too; I haven't seen any product that does it better and I tried a lot, a lot!

Please, do all of us a favor and release that plugin.
You know, I will even promote it on my board and trust me, it's not a little board. Imagine the publicity guys.
fefifo

Patience is a virtue

Post by fefifo »

They have been working on the plug-in for some time and have responded to many inquires about it's progress on this forum....I for one appreciate a tested, working product, and not one that is released prematurely.

Keep up the good and accurate work, NI team!
:) :)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Josh, fefifo,

Thank you for your kind comments and support. Yes, we do currently work on a plugin version. There is certain progress with this version though it is still not time to release anything. What makes us spending more time on this work is the fact that we are aiming at the multiplatform compatibility from the early stage of this version's development. People ask for a Mac version not less than for a plugin version.

Thank you once again for your support. We are doing our best to advance the development.

Thank you,
Vlad
Jonwienke

Post by Jonwienke »

I currently own NeatImage Pro. How much will it cost to get the Photoshop plugin?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Under fifteen dollars I guess.. - This is not completely fixed yet. You and me will know accurate prices when they will be published on NI webpage. It is really close now, a matter of days.

Vlad
libarsh

Post by libarsh »

I am considering the purchase of Neat Image Pro but I am anxious to know if the Photoshop plug in will be available shortly. If I buy NI now, will there be a charge for the plugin?

Thanks
Larry
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, the plug-in will be available shortly. There will be a charge but it is more economical to purchase Neat Image Pro now and upgrade a bit later.

Vlad
drog

Post by drog »

Yes, the plug-in will be available shortly. There will be a charge but it is more economical to purchase Neat Image Pro now and upgrade a bit later.
In other words you're saying the price for Neat Image is going up when the new version with the Plug-in is released, right? I just ordered Neat Image Pro from your advice, so I'm holding you to that (I really want that plug-in!). I probably should have asked earlier, but will the Plug-in work with Corel Photopaint?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We will release the new edition today. You will see how it is organized and you will find a special offer to currently registered users in the private download area.
Regarding the plug-in, it is photoshop-compatible and will work with any application that supports such plug-ins. We didn't specifically checked this with Photopaint, but did with other software, not only Adobe's. Generally, our intention is make it compatible with different editors.

Vlad
dbookbinder

Photoshop plug-in to be available to Neat Image Home users?

Post by dbookbinder »

I see that the much-awaited plug-in is available only to users of the Pro+ version. Earlier discussion led me to believe it would be available as a cheap upgrade to any version. Is this no longer the case, or will a separate version of the plug-in be available soon, at a reduced price for current Home users?

Thanks,
David
drog

Post by drog »

What happens if I upgrade to Pro +, but the plug-in doesn't work with Photopaint? My guess is it will work fine, but I don't know until I've tried it.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please just wait until we get a confirmation of compatibility. I hope this will take not too long. I will reply here.

Vlad
drog

Post by drog »

All the information to purchase the upgrade is filled out and I'm ready to press the "submit order" button, but I'll wait.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

After checking some Internet resources, I am sure it will work.
Order it and we will find out. I guarantee we will make a refund if it doesn't work.

Vlad
drog

Post by drog »

Thanks, I just ordered it. I'll let you know how it works.