EXIF Information

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
Flashman

EXIF Information

Post by Flashman »

I love Neat Image, really worth my money. However, it does not save the EXIF information of the image. Is there any way this could be added to the product? It really causes a break with my workflow.

Rick Flashman
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Actually it does in most cases. Could you give some more details on your workflow to help us identify the source of the trouble.

Vlad
Rick Bruce

Post by Rick Bruce »

In a similar vain, can you tell NI to disregard ALL EXIF and PICT data and only save output files with the actual JPEG graphic data ?

This would be useful for then uploading to the web for smaller files. I usually preprocess with EXIFER and MetaStripper which is a bit time consuming.

Thanks
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

This will require an additional option. We will probably add it in the future.
Gabor Levai

Post by Gabor Levai »

It works fine with JPEG, but no EXIF saved in TIFF. Is it a problem of TIFF format?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

No, it works with most TIFFs as well.
Gabor Levai

Post by Gabor Levai »

The problem is the saving. If I save in JPEG, it preserves EXIF information well. But if I choose TIFF, it doesn't. (2.5 Home)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please submit a bug report: http://www.neatimage.com/brf.html

Thank you,
Vlad
Gabor Levai

Post by Gabor Levai »

OK, I will.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The problem turns out to be with Dimage Viewer, it doesn't shot EXIF data in the TIFF file.

Vlad
slsman

input format varies results

Post by slsman »

Using Canon FileViewer I found that EXIF was lost if my input format was JPG (with TIFF output) and that EXIF was preserved if my input format was TIFF16bit (and TIFF16bit output). In both cases the resulting processed files lacked thumbnails in Canon Fileviewer.

BreezeBrowser Demo 2.6b shows the thumbnails, but incomplete EXIF for my TIFF --> TIFF and corrupted EXIF for my JPEG --> TIFFs.

I've submitted a bug report.

2.5 Pro

Great results in the filtered files, but I need to have that EXIF for archiving.

- Stephen
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for submitting a report, we will look into this issue.

Vlad
Rick Bruce

Post by Rick Bruce »

Rick Bruce wrote:In a similar vain, can you tell NI to disregard ALL EXIF and PICT data and only save output files with the actual JPEG graphic data ?

This would be useful for then uploading to the web for smaller files. I usually preprocess with EXIFER and MetaStripper which is a bit time consuming.

Thanks
Any further forward with this request to remove all data but just leave the image data intact for web uploading etc ?

Thanks,

Rick
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please take a look into Options->General->Preserve EXIF data in output images (when possible).

Vlad