Filter Preset window

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
phlegmatic

Filter Preset window

Post by phlegmatic »

:idea: In the way of a suggestions for improvement I propose a larger window in the filter preset section. As it is currently sized only a limited portion of the text shows. Part of my work flow is to modify existing filters and rename them . e.g. I may modify the 'Filter Low frequency splotches (digital zoom or very strong noise' and rename the same but would add 'ver a' to it . I might make several such modifications and call each a different version ver b ,ver c , etc. As the window size currently exists I can never be sure which version is active as only part of the filter name is displayed.
Second proposal . Would be to be able to use the mouse wheel to scroll and through different filters and click on the chosen filter vice having to click to open the pop up window and then pick and choose a specific filter.

These proposed improvements would apply to the devise noise profile window as well

Thanks for a great program :)

Phlegmatic
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for suggestions.

Yes, it would be good to have more space there. It seems that the only way to implement this is to reduct image area.

BTW, did you notice that a screen hint shows the full name of the profile and preset when you place the mouse pointer over the displayed text string?

Your second proposal is also good but what if a user saves profiles/presets into several (sub-)folders? As it is now, you can browse the folder structure and select any profile/preset. With a single list, this will be impossible. Anyway, thank you for the suggestion. We may find a compromise way to make this aspect better (there are some ideas).

Thank you!

Vlad