EXIF data based profile selection in batch mode

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
Nadrek

EXIF data based profile selection in batch mode

Post by Nadrek »

What would help me significantly for batch jobs (once I purchase the Pro version, which should be in the next few days, as I've just started using NeatImage) is an option in the Batch setup for selecting multiple files, where I can link device noise profiles to the ISO portion of the EXIF file - an if/then select/case type linkage (or a name/value pair for XML or INI files, or key/data in a database or the registry, whatever).

I.e. I shoot, say, 300 pictures in a day - and they're mostly ISO 100, but a good portion are ISO 200 and a few are 400 or 800. I want batch mode to apply device profiles based on the ISO.

I.e.
if (ISO == 100) or instr ("ISO 100") or instr("ISO: 100") then UseDeviceProfile("Nikon5700ISO100")
elseif ....

or
UseDeviceProfile(LookupProfileBasedOnISO(ReturnISOFromEXIF(strCurrentBatchFileName)))

where LookupProfileBasedOnISO returns the filename of the device noise profile to use for that image.

This (as well as the "use auto fine tuning for all batch images" option previously mentioned) would be exceptionally useful in overnight batch processing.

Requring a user to cut and paste the exact string from the EXIF data already shown by NeatImage into a field on a form would be fine, too, so NeatImage would not have to do more than simple matching on what it already sees, instead of trying to guess.

For those with multiple cameras, I would imaging having 2 keys - camera model as well as ISO - would be highly useful.

As mentioned above, the key/value pairs could be stored in any of a number of ways - XML, INI, database, a simple name/value pair text file, in the registry, etc.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the suggestion!

Yes, this is a good idea and in fact we have already planned to implement something like this. Don't forget that it is not only ISO that counts, so we have to check several keys. Anyway, this is already in the works.

Vlad