Way to allow overwriting of existing files?

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
EdEllks

Way to allow overwriting of existing files?

Post by EdEllks »

Currently, there seems to be no way to automatically overwrite a file on completion of NeatImage. It forces a filename suffix.

Can this be reviewed to allow this capability? It's a real pain to have to go back and manually do it.

Thanks.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please check Options->General->Allow overwriting existing image files.
Ed Ellks

Post by Ed Ellks »

I do have it checked, but it still forces a filename suffix to prevent overwriting of an exising file.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Did you try to invoke NI like this:
>NeatImage.exe InputImageFileName.JPG InputImageFileName.JPG

- it does overwrite the original image just as you need.
EdEllks

Post by EdEllks »

I shouldn't have to resort to command mode to simply overwrite an existing file.

Under Options, General, I have the "Allow Overwrite Existing Image Files". Under Job Defaults, I have checked "Auto Save Output Image" and "Auto Delete Completed Job". The problem is that there is no way to leave the "Filtered Filename Image Suffix" textbox blank. Thus, there is no way to overwrite the current image in batch mode.

I would think that if I have the "Allow Overwrite" box selected, I should be able to leave the "Image Suffix" box empty and allow several files to be overwritten in batch mode.

Doesn't this seem logical to anyone else?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

>Doesn't this seem logical to anyone else?

When you explain your way of using NI in detail, it becomes more clear. There are several ways to invoke NI filtration and in most of them there is a possibility of overwriting the original. In this particular case, which you describe, it is currently not possible. Your suggestion is reasonable and now understood. Before that, neither the problem nor potential cure were clear to me.

Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider adding this feature.

Vlad
EdEllks

Post by EdEllks »

Thanks. That's all I can hope for.

Keep up the great work!