Button for process in queue

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
Tripstrilles

Button for process in queue

Post by Tripstrilles »

:?: Today I processed over 100 images in NeatImage. I didn´t use the batch-mode. Every time I did a preview in - noise filter settings window -, I had to switch to - output image tab - to press the button - Queue -.
Please can you program a button - Queue - in - noise filter settings window -, so we all can spend a lot of mouse klicks?

Thank you for an answer.

T.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Then Apply would also have to be there. And the whole purpose of the output tab would become unclear. Quite a trouble for beginners, I believe. You know, we recently helped a person who couldn't figure out that it was necessary to select an area in the image to be able to build a profile. Even after reading http://www.neatimage.com/howto.html .. We better keep things simple and logical. BTW, you can save clicks by using the application menu (Filter|Process in queue).

Vlad
Tripstrilles

Post by Tripstrilles »

If I use the menu there are 2 klicks - and when I change the tab and klick - queue - there are 2 klicks too.
If I have seen the preview and this is for me o.k., I don´t need to change the tab to klick - queue - or to go over menu - filter -.
I think there is enough place to place such a button. When the button exist, there in no need for another button with - apply - because the image will send to queue.
My opinion is, that the tab - output image - ist to apply the image and then to store it manually. I find, it would be much more comfortable to send images into the queue from the - noise filter settings - tab too.
But you are the software developer. It is only a suggestion for more quickly and comfartable work.

Greetings from Germany

T.
You like images of the royal kingdom of Nepal?

http://www.tripstrilles.de

I hope soon edited with NeatImage !
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The main reason why the Queue button shouldn't be there is that it would confuse things, especially for beginners. You know, in the v1.x of NI we had several unrelated buttons on a single page. It didn't do much good, people (beginners) considered the user interface unclear and confusing.

In the plugin version, which we are implementing now, will be the Apply button in the Filter page because it will *logically* fit there. But in the current NI, it doesn't logically fit (the same with Queue). Having TWO buttons that do the same thing on two tabs will confuse users - which one to use???
Therefore, we better drop this idea or find another way of implementing the desired reduction in number of clicks, like using a shortcut key (anyway, the keyboard is an order of magnitude faster than any mouse click) for the corresponding menu item or something like this.
Tripstrilles

Post by Tripstrilles »

O.K. You are right, I understand your opinion. I wrote this, because if I send the image into queue with pressing the - esc-Button -, the processing is automaticaly on - hold -. When there is a possibility to switch the automatic processing to - on - (maybe in options-menu), like when I press the button - queue -, I would be very pleased.
Or does such a function exist and I didn´t find it?

T.

NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You can send the image to the queue (so that it would be processed automatically) in two ways: by using the Queue button in the Output image tab or by using the "Filter|Process in queue" menu item. I understand that your goal is to speed up the process of sending the image to the queue. You suggest to reorder/add buttons to reduce number of clicks. I suggest to add a keyboard shortcut for the menu item, which will reduce the task of sending the image to the queue to a single keyboard button push. Shall I put such a suggestion to our to-do list?
Tripstrilles

Post by Tripstrilles »

Yes, that´s what I want. Thank you very much for your quickly answers.

T. :D