Saving as Tiff File

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Blackdan

Saving as Tiff File

Post by Blackdan »

I have tried saving filtered images from Neat Image Pro as Tiff files but find that they are saved without the benefits of filtration. The same files saved as jpegs are fine! (I started the process with Tiff files).
Is there something that I'm missing or is this a bug?I feel the former is the more likely.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Probably you are trying to process multilayer tiffs in NI. This is not officially supported now (http://www.neatimage.com/ug/Requirements.htm) though NI may sometimes open and process such files. Saving them afterwards can be problematic. Flatten the input image to avoid this in the first place.

Vlad
Wick Smith

Saving as TIFF

Post by Wick Smith »

If you were using multi-payer TIFFS, I would recommend a change in your workflow such that filtration take place early on in the process, before you start creating layers etc.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Or if you work in Photoshop with the plug-in version of Neat Image, you can apply filtration to selected layer only.

Vlad
Blackdan

Saving Tiff Files

Post by Blackdan »

Thanks for the responses. As I thought, I was not applying the program correctly. Since reading your replies/advice I have had no problems. The program continues to do a superb job and I'm finding new techniques/methods of working each time I try it out.
Please continue the good work. :D
rsach

Saaving image as a TIFF file

Post by rsach »

If I load a jpeg or a tiff file and process it I can only save it as a BMP or jpeg file. Why cant I save it as a tiff file. (ver 2.2 pro)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Is the TIFF file type available in the dropdown list of the Save image file dialog in your copy of Neat Image?

Vlad
rsach

Post by rsach »

No, all I get is a selection of file type jpg, tiff or bmp. O selecting the tiff nothing happens.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Well, the problem is clear: you just need to register the software. - Just enter the license data into the registration dialog box.
rsach

Post by rsach »

:oops: OOPS----- reinstalling software after a few other problems.