Pro+ works like a dream (but can I reset previous settings?)

questions about practical use of Neat Image
DLMST

Pro+ works like a dream (but can I reset previous settings?)

Post by DLMST »

Hi there, well I'm very excited! I just received NI Pro+ as a birthday present. How cool is that?!

The software installed smoothly (windows 2000) and the Plug-in installed equally smoothly and easily into Photoshop Elements 2.0. I've been working with it all morning. I love it! A HUGE color 19x13 (at 450 resolution) TIFF only took about 3-4 minutes to filter on my computer (yep, my processor is zippy). What a great software!

My question has to do with resetting filter settings if I wish to change them later. Can this be done or do I need to begin filtration from the start? I noticed that when I opened an image I had already filtered (and saved as TIFF) all those settings were retained. That made we wonder ... can I simply readjust those settings (to back off of any overfiltering) or would it be better to start again. Hmmmmm ... any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

Cheers,
DLMST
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Happy birthday, DLMST! :-)

Great that you like Neat Image. It seems that you are especially happy about the plug-in.

Regarding the filter settings in the plug-in, yes these are preserved from one filtration to another. In this way, you can easier reproduce the same filtration with more than one image. If your images are from the same series and have the same noise then it is best to use the same filter setting on them. If you want to filter another image where noise is somewhat different, I advise to build a new device noise profile and reset filter to start with defaults.

Also, you can save your favorive filter parameters into presets and reuse them afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Vlad
DLMST

Post by DLMST »

Hi and thank you!! :D

I take it this means that if I open a filtered image a second time, and change any of the settings (from its filtering), then I'm "adding" more filtration to what was already performed on that image? and not undoing any of the filtrering, yes?

Okay dokay!

Thanks again,
DLMST
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, you are right, if you open the same image second time then you filter it additionally. To undo filtration you need to use regular Photoshop Undo function.

Vlad
DLMST

Post by DLMST »

Gotcha! :D

BTW NI forum support is super!
DLMST