Auto profile selection based on EXIF tags

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
disser

Auto profile selection based on EXIF tags

Post by disser »

Since I process images from a couple different cameras at a couple different ISO settings, it would be great if Neat Image could automatically set the default profile for a given image based on the EXIF information in that image. I imagine there would be some dialog to bind a particular combination of EXIF tags (like camera model and iso rating) to a particular profile.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, we are going to implement this functionality. Thank you for reiterating the suggestion.

Vlad
Voxmagna

Post by Voxmagna »

But I notice that Photoshop replaces the Camera Make field with 'Photoshop 7' - so any files coming in from PS would have the same field. VOX
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You don't want to apply Neat Image AFTER Photoshop anyway. The profiles built before applying Photoshop corrections are not accurate anymore after some PS processing is applied.

Vlad
jafent

Post by jafent »

I love this idea too. I have 2 different cameras, and a total of 9 ISO settings. I have built different Actions to do this, but that means I have to organize folders by ISO.

Please put this one on your "soon" list.

Thanks,

John F.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Sure, I will let you know.

Vlad
sanaka

Post by sanaka »

Sorry if this is super redundant now, but, having just aquired NI and not having seen this yet, I just sent email to NI as follows:

" As pointed out on the Luminous Landscape review of NI, image noise from using higher ISO settings is often the most prominent. My immediate intended use for NI is to queue a whole bunch of files aquired with my Canon S30, and run them grouped according to the ISO they were shot at, applying appropriate profile built for each ISO. So I will need to sort files according to ISO in order to group them per profile in the queue. I thought I had this nailed with a freeware program called EXIF viewer, but apparently it only works for JPEGs, whereas I have TIFs converted from RAW. The cleanest, most powerful way to acheive this sorting would of course be from right within NI itself. Since NI has at least some ability to read EXIF data, it would seem you could expand this functionality to be able to sort, and hopefully copy/move, files by a specified EXIF attribute. Could really help the noise cleanup workflow."

I'm really glad this is in the plans. Thanks!

Peace,
Sanaka
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I have just answered by e-mail. :-)

Thank you for reiterating the idea. We are now working on it.

Vlad