program to process images automatically

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
oliver_pa

Post by oliver_pa »

Oops, I just tried it without sending an escape key and it did work.
However, before I added that code and startet neatimage, it went right into that edit mode and didn't add the files to the queue! I might of course have done something else wrong at the time...
It still pops the box though.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Even if you just invoke NI from a batch file?
oliver_pa

Post by oliver_pa »

No, but when invoked by a batch file, neatimage startet, processes the file, closes, next instance ist startet, processes,...
Whereas I add all the files 'at once' (Prog.delay sets the amount of seconds that the program waits until sending the next file to neatimage).

ps: I've got to go now, so you'll have to wait a bit for my next reply.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Ok, I can see this now. Looks like a bug, we will check the implementation details.

Vlad
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, it is a bug. We have just fixed it and the update will be available in a few days on Neat Image webpage.

Vlad
oliver_pa

Post by oliver_pa »

Wow, that's great. I'm impressed!
In the meantime I've worked a bit on the code and started on the documentation.
As always, download it here

BTW, has anyone actually tried the program? And if yes, does it work? *g*

PS: Speaking of bugs.. Neat Image fails to check the "Show hints over interface controls" setting after restarting it. Really most annoying since I hate having those little hints cover parts of the image that I'm most likely to be looking at.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, this bug is fixed too. :-)

The updade will be available soon. We are working on this now.

Regarding the program, yes it works - I tried it a bit but then got occupied with the bug found. :-)

Vlad
oliver_pa

Post by oliver_pa »

I forgot to wait for the second instance of neatimage to exit before starting the next, resulting in pretty unreliable behavior as up to 10 instances were started with Prog:delay=200.
Download here.
oliver_pa

Post by oliver_pa »

A couple of days ago I decided to try MSHTML's IHtmlDialog interface and chose this project to try it on.
So now you can drag'n drop files onto the application as well as use the commandline. Have fun. :D

niccon.exe - console version
nicgui.exe - gui version
Both applications use the same codebase.

Download here.

PS: This will probably be the last version since I'm replacing the Sony F717 with a Canon D60 which, judging by the pictures I've seen so far, renders NeatImage obsolete :wink: