Overwritten Comment Field in JPEG Pictures

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
rolfbr

Overwritten Comment Field in JPEG Pictures

Post by rolfbr »

In all my pictures I use the "comment field" in JPEG's picture format to describe the content of the picture. After filtering the picture with neatimage, the comment field is set to "neatimage.com". It would be very helpfull if neatimage copies the content of the comment field from the input file to the output file. Is there a chance that this feature will be available soon?

It would be also nice to have if as many as possible settings (like JPEG compression settings or file timestamp settings) would be copied from the original input file to the filtered output file.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Do you use the Demo edition?

The Home, Pro and Pro+ editions do copy the complete EXIF data from input to output file.

Regarding the comments, yes, it may become available in the future.

Vlad
rolfbr

Post by rolfbr »

I use Neatimage 2.5 Pro
The "Comment Field" ist not part of the EXIF structure, it belogns to the JPEG file format directly. You should know this field because after filtering with neatimage it's overwritten with the text "neatimage.com"
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, I know this but I didn't know which edition you use. This matters.
rolfbr

Post by rolfbr »

please let me know if you decide to fix that. For me the comments are important and I don't what to retype them again.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We have already decided on this. This feature will appear in the next version.
rolfbr

Post by rolfbr »

It seems that the problem is solved with Neatimage 2.6 Pro. That was fast. Thank you very much!!
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I am afraid this is too optimistic. We will implement this feature, but in v2.6 it is not yet available.

Vlad